Electric shower recommendation required

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

My original electric shower broke last week, so I purchased a standard one and arranged for it to be fitted. Unfortunately unbeknown to me I have a gravity fed system and I had bought a mains fed shower. From what I can tell there is a pipe coming from the cold water tank and electrics already there. I'm looking to move house so don't really want to spend too much altering the plumbing etc.

Therefore can anyone recommend an electric shower that will run off a low pressure system? I've read about electric pumped showers is this what I need?

Any advice much appreciated!

Sponsored Links
if the pipe goes to the tank then it isnt a major job to cap it from the tank and tee it into the tank feed (mains). or does your shower have two pipes feeding it?

What was the problem with the original shower did that work right before it broke.
It really depends how good you gravity feed is, a power shower may be the best option.
I guess the cables are dead?

if there were two pipes and a small cable then i think you had a power shower there.

the easiest thing for you to do is to google your old shower and get a replacment, if it isn't current then get the newer model, or check shower doctor to see if the parts are listed as it could be that it can be repaired

Sponsored Links
if there were two pipes and a small cable then i think you had a power shower there.
And if that is the case then the water supply for an electric shower is the least of your problems....

Mira do an electric shower that has a pump built in that can be gravity fed.

Obviously check RCD protection and check the cables the correct size and rating.

Thanks everyone for quick response.

From my 'limited' understanding it's not a power shower as only has one pipe coming into the unit.

The old shower was a Mira Elite, which I believe is a pumped electric shower. I've looked at these but they are about £200 +

I've seen a galaxy Aqua 9000 - anyone know if they are any good?

Sorry one last question.

I think I've decided to go for the Mira Elite pumped shower and just replace the old one with a it's curernt version to be on the safe side.

The new version is 9.8KW - how can I check if i have the right electrics to support this shower??

Thanks

Have checked the fuse box and on the one that says RCD it has a Hager Cd263u 63A 0,03A is this ok for the Mira Elite shower I mentioned before ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back