ELECTRIC TOWEL RAIL

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello I wonder if you guys can help me, Im in the process of doing my bathroom and would like to install an electric towel rail, basically I havent a clue how to go about it or even if its possible, I have a combi boiler next to bathroom if i need any electrics etc.

Im my mind I would have liked a switch where the combi boiler is to turn on the radiator - any suggestions?

Many Thanks

Darren

Sponsored Links
Get an electrician in, you can't do any electrical work in your bathroom or kitchen.

Get a plumber in aswell - A rad plumbed to the cent heat is far more efficient, and you can put an element in the same rad to allow heating from lecky in the summer months.

can you just have an electric one? what do you fill it with, water? oil?
Cheers - think i might have to call upon the skills of a professional, anyone know around what price i should be looking at from an electrician to wire it up?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Most electric towel rads take water and rated at a lowly 150-250w

There's no real difference between an electric rad and a CH rad. The electric rad is simply a CH rad with a element in it.

As mentioned, might be more economical to go for a CH rad, since this will be controlled by the CH timer.

To control an electric rad your need a timer or run the risk of it being on 24/7 (especially if the switch is outside the room- which it might have to be under bathroom zone rules).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back