Electric Underfloor Heating Repair

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

Small accident in pulling up some tiles to replace in that I managed to sever the main cable for my underfloor heating system.

Without knowing all the technical ins and outs of the system I assume it is a fairly bog standard heating mat, (6m sq, 150w output) running off mains electric, floor sensor etc.

In severing the main heating cable it appears there are 3 wires (2 thinner insulated copper coloured, 1 thicker silver coloured) that have become separated.

Although I gather these systems can't be repaired once the cable gets severed, I was thinking that by re-soldering these wires they should be as good as new and I'll have my underfloor heating back. I assume that is doesn't matter if the 2 copper cables don't re-attach to their former connection provided the circuit is re-established, or is this going to be essential and I only have a 50% chance of getting it right?

Am I being naive or is this a possibility? Has anyone got experience or advice on this.

All gratefully received.

Cheers

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back