Electrician from hell

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Remember me electrician busily gift wrapping the consumer unit with the wires, well he is still at my home and I am slowly losing the will to live over these electrics. Have to say mine doesn't quite look as bad as the picture that was posted but no doubt there's still time yet!

Anyway thanks for the posts although you lost me when you all went technical. Decided to try shock (ha ha) tactics with this guy. I have devised a solution to tidy up the wires. He puts the consumer unit onto a wooden board on the wall, brings the wires up the side, neatly pinned and then runs them horizontally along the top of the unit, connecting them into place neatly into top of unit - because right now he is talking about drilling holes into the plastic consumer box where holes shouldn't be and trying to cram the wires up the insides.

Apparently it was my fault everything was untidy because I said I was bulding a cupboard round it. Its still going in the cupboard but neatly. Do you think if he carries out my wishes it will be passable.

Sponsored Links
Oi! I come on here and find you insulting my workmanship! :mad:

Yeah right JohnD!!

Not the kind of coincidence that happens often. From what the OP has said IF this is your work then you should be ashamed of yourself, a) for such an untidy job and b) for taking so long over the CCU change.

P.S. I thought you were a high court Judge?

P.P.S. Jane how about a picture?

Sponsored Links
I have no shame.

Jane keeps bringing me home-made cake and mugs of tea. Besides, in this cold weather I like her house because it's warmer than mine. I think I'll stay till spring. I'm still learning the job because I was a painter and decorator until I bought a second-hand van, overalls and incomplete set of tools from a retired electrician at Christmas.

She doesn't know it yet, but I'm going to charge extra because it's a more complicated job than I had quoted for, and she changed her mind about the cupboard and cable runs, ha ha.

Not to mention the cost of travel from Hampshire to Lancashire every day at 20p a mile.

I'm going to make a fortune.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back