"Electrician" jailed for bad work

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dangerous electrician jailed

Charged for various offences under Trade Descriptions and Theft Acts, but interestingly not under any Part P contraventions

I still don't think that there is a prosecution for any Part P contraventions/failure to notify

So I wonder if the BCO's are actually that bothered with everyones own DIY electrics?

Sponsored Links
That's been doing the rounds for years - is it still the only one?

And I can't help thinking that in that case a Building Regulations contravention was just a handy way to get at him for poor quality work.

I'm still waiting to hear of a prosecution of either a qualified electrician or a DIYer for doing nothing wrong except failing to notify....

The fact is your average homeowner/DIYer doesnt know about all the rules and regulations, ok, if you hang around forums such as these you can't ignore the fact the regulations exist as people are quick to point them out, the only work you are allowed to do in your own home is change a toilet roll these days.

I just cant see your average homeowner calling up the council, "err, we have some dodgy electrics in my house, err, it was me that fitted them"

Sponsored Links
AHEM, the "toilet roll replacement regulations 2007" would prohibit the home owner from changing them without prior approval from the LABC (Lavatory & Bog Council).

:LOL:

I would guess that there is time yet, in time scales this area is only a baby & is not looked after very well, as such we may not be hearing of many prosecutions for a while, but will they come eventually?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back