Electrics for Marquee wedding

I have used various power supplies from wedding outdoor venues, we often get problems with being on the same supply as the kitchen and this does some times cause noise through the DJ computer that we use as back up in case the CD players fail, may be worth checking with DJ to find out what kit he is running and if he has had any problems with noise before !

Sponsored Links
Another vote for the generator. supplied by the marquee co. so they're responsible.

Emergency lighting - in kitchen as well as 'public' areas.

Consider also an emergency sound system if the marquee is large. This might just be a battery powered megaphone, or put the DJ mic and amp on a UPS.

Sponsored Links
I used a generator in a marquee last year. They install was very professional - I specified where I wanted each 13amp outlets, the genny fed into a RCD protected consumer unit hung in the marquee kitchen with an MCB on every circuit. All good.

I've also tried doing it the DIY way and suffered with voltage drop. If you DIY I'd at least recommend testing your set up a couple of weeks before, on full load, so that you still have time to hire a generator if required.

Gary

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back