ELECTROLUX OVEN - EOB53001X - PROBLEM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

:cry:
Any help would be greatly appreciated here. I'll give as much info as I can.

BACKGROUND INFO
I turned the cooker oven on today and it must have tripped all the electrics although I didnt notice at first (as I had nothing turned on). It's been working fine for the last 2 years.

After realising the Consumer Unit had tripped out I turned it (The Consumer Unit) back on and it was then that I realised the cooker oven wasnt working.

GENERAL INFO
The HOB is gas but has an electric ignition. This is all fine and is working.
The Oven is electric and doesnt work (partially).

SPECIFICS
The oven interior light doesnt come on, The Fan doesnt come on and the oven doesnt heat up, or the grill.

I took the oven out and checked for a plug to hopefully just change a fuse. There was no plug. The oven had wires going directly into the mains but there is nothing to unplug and so no fuse for a plug.

The oven timer is ON weirdly enough and the function selector (that selects the grill, oven, defrost, oven with fan etc...) is also powered up it seems as the orange light that illuminates when you select a function turns on when I select a function.

The oven temperature dial (thermostat ?) usually has a light indicator that illuminates when a temperature is selected and turns off when the temperature is reached. This is not working.

Any ideas ?

Thanks
Bondai

Sponsored Links
Sounds as though your fan oven element may have gone (most usual cause).
Remove the back internal panel and look at the element (normally obvious damage).
Usually the fan and grill will still work though (or it trips out the electrics again)

Is the timer on auto or manual, if on auto the oven will not work unless you programme it.

Thanks there friend

I guess I could have a look at that (the fan element if its acessible by someone totally inexperienced like me) but it's not tripping out the electrics anymore.

As for timer on auto etc... it's totally reset, the time has gone back to its default setting of 12.00 because the power went off now it just flashes. There was no timer program function in operation before this fault happened.

Bondai

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back