emer pir ip65

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there a product like this, decorative, (coach Lamp) emergency maintained, photocell dusk to dawn Lamp oh IP64 this is a client request for about 30 I think I have sussed the wiring with help on the forum previously all I need to do is find one I have tried all thre usuall suspects< I think I may to adapt something to suit
Dev

Sponsored Links
Never seen anything like that - self contained emergency luminaires nowadays are usually an 8w or similar fluorescent straight tube or CFL.
It may be possible using a distributed system however it will cost ££££s!

Never seen coach lights in a non-maintained flavour, emergency n/m lights via a UPS seems a bit daft or is it just me?

Sponsored Links
What I was thinking was to convert an existing lamp to emer the gubbins are smal enough with the pencil thin batterys andtiny charge packs that are available I just need a lamp that I can get it all in I might mount them on a chrome/stainless box/bezel
Dev

emergency n/m lights via a UPS seems a bit daft or is it just me?
Does seem a bit odd.

Maybe what SteNova meant was regular lights but supplied via a UPS to provide an emergency power source?

That's got to be easier (and probably cheaper overall) than messing about modifying, and subsequently maintaining, 30 individual lights. (I'm assuming that what's needed is for the lights to be able to come on via PIR if required, not to come on regardless if there's a supply failure...)

Modding 30 lights will take days.

Tiny batteries won't provide much run-time.

Batteries outside will have a shortened life.

Charging circuitry installed as a mod has great potential for poor reliability.

vs.

1 off-the-shelf UPS, sized to provide whatever run time might be needed, a time measured in minutes to install, kept in a controlled environment, one set of batteries to replace.....

You are just talking about a simple distributed system - if you use incandescant lamps you'd get away with DC so no need for an inverter - proper slave luminaires can be specified to run on AC and DC.
Distributed systems need to be installed in FP or Pyro which increases the cost a bit.

I guess another Q is what is the environment? Is it just somebody's house and he wants lights along the driveway? Or somewhere where other public safety regs apply?

Can you get coach-lamp style luminaires for the system you describe?

Are you talking LV DC, or ELV? The former will have to be made, the latter might be a problem as 30 lights implies a fairly long run of cable.....?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back