En suite with steam shower enclosure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
so project for towards the end of the year will be to create an en-suite.
We'd love a steam shower cubicle with the monsoon style shower head, steam function, seat etc.
I've seen loads but they can vary greatly in price.
I've seen quite a lot for less than £1000.
We have a combi boiler so apart from maybe installing the pressure equalising valve thingy it looks like we're good to go.

Can anyone advise on what and where to look to get the best deals? And why some are considerably cheaper than other when the spec are pretty much identical? Is it quality of components or just paying for brand?

Ebay temps me, but ya know what 'can' happen when purchasing from the bay and things go wrong.

Thanks for any advice offered.

Sponsored Links
Hi all,
so project for towards the end of the year will be to create an en-suite.
We'd love a steam shower cubicle with the monsoon style shower head, steam function, seat etc.
I've seen loads but they can vary greatly in price.
I've seen quite a lot for less than £1000.
We have a combi boiler so apart from maybe installing the pressure equalising valve thingy it looks like we're good to go.

Can anyone advise on what and where to look to get the best deals? And why some are considerably cheaper than other when the spec are pretty much identical? Is it quality of components or just paying for brand?

Ebay temps me, but ya know what 'can' happen when purchasing from the bay and things go wrong.
Thanks for any advice offered.

No I don't know, do tell??
I've bought a lot of stuff from ebay and the protection buyers have is really good.

I'm not much of an expert in this area at all, but I am in a similar situation. I'm planning a loft conversion which will include an ensuite shower room so i've been doing a lot of research.

I also liked the idea of those steam showers but have yet to find a single person to recommend them. The main concerns are that many of them are very cheaply made in china and as a result can be a pain to get watertight. Also the electronics can be very cheap and if anything breaks, finding spares can be nigh on impossible.

I've since decided against steam showers and will instead opt for a walk-in shower/wetroom. I will be tanking the entire room to be safe. You stil get the nice monsoon shower heads, you can put a seat in there if you want, you just dont get the steam.

small price to pay for a high quality water tight shower. From someone whose seen the wrong end of a bad shower install, i don't think it's worth the risk.

Others on here might tell me i'm wrong, but i doubt it.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Berty, i'm starting to wonder the same. Can't find anyone who thoroughly recommends them either.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back