end of stairs - covering the edge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have our stairs carpeted and the lower floor is tiled - so on the bottom stair step the carpet just finishes.

Where the stair carpet finishes it's a bit untidy, the carpet is quite deep so there's often little bits of thread sticking out etc.
Also our dog sits there when we're upstairs and sometimes his paws touch the end of the carpet - making it more untidy.

Does anyone know if there's anything we can put on the end to tidy it up and protect the end of the carpet stair? I'm not sure if this is usual or if there's a special name for it.

I suppose it would be like carpet edging but specific to the stair carpet? I was thinking about metal or wood or something similar, something that looks nice. I don't even know where I could buy something like this.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers
Kenny

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back