equipotential bonding with monobloc tap?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm about to renew a monobloc tap. Currently there is equipotential bonding between the water pipes under the sink. The new tap has 15mm copper tails. I'm curious if there is a need to replace the bonding when I've finished?

There is a laundry room next door and I'd be more interested in putting the equipotential bonding between exposed pipes in there.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Thanks guys. It is just a single wire between hot and cold pipes under the sink with the monobloc tap.
It is this lot I am more bothered about.

The pipes going through the wall go to the sink in question about 600mm on the other side of the wall. The other horizontal pipes after the valves, go about 2m to a washing machine.

I'm curious if there is a need to replace the bonding when I've finished?
Is the sink in a bath or shower room?

There is a laundry room next door and I'd be more interested in putting the equipotential bonding between exposed pipes in there.
Is there a bath or shower in the laundry room?

The sink is in the kitchen and the laundry has no sink, just a washing machine.

And you think that installing supplementary equipotential bonding in locations which don't call for it is the right way to resolve that problem?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back