Equvalent loose fill insulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've checked out my local builders merchat and B&Q/Wickes but none seem to sell loose-fill loft insulation any more. I get that it's a PITA to lay compared with the stuff on a roll, but it's also handy for re-stuffing a ceiling cavity that some sparkies just cut 6" holes in to.

What is the modern equvalent for loose rock fibre (fire resistant not flammable stuff) loft insulation?

Nozzle

Sponsored Links
Nozzle, good evening.

Loose fill Insulation appears to have gone out of fashion? more high-Tec options??

As I recall Vermiculite was at one time used as an Insulant? suggest you research this material and see if it fits the problem you have ?

Vermiculite in loose form is easily available from Garden centers, being used extensively in Horticulture.

Just a consideration??

Ken.

Loose cellulose insulation is available, though whether you can find it locally is another matter.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back