EV are they worth it?

You must be living in the 1950s.

Not sure he actually ever goes out

He's the living embodiment of the old "there's none so blind" adage. Whenever anyone gets another car, they tend to notice lots of the same model on the road. It's just what happens. And it's no different with EVs. But if you're not looking for them, you won't see them. Similarly, he could drive past my house 100 times a day, and not see my EV charger, because it's not visible from the road, but to him, that's "proof" that it isn't there...

Sponsored Links
IF

You have 2 vehicles and 1 is used mainly for short runs
You have off street parking adjacent to your house for an EV charger
You need to change 1 of your vehicles

Then there is a good chance a small EV would make sense

This makes even more sense if you have PV on your roof

IF

You have 2 vehicles and 1 is used mainly for short runs
You have off street parking adjacent to your house for an EV charger
You need to change 1 of your vehicles

Then there is a good chance a small EV would make sense

This makes even more sense if you have PV on your roof
It certainly does, but in reality, you quickly find that you can use the EV for most of your runs. I do 20,000 miles a year in an EV...

Sponsored Links
It will cost 5x more and billow vast amounts of toxic pollution into the local environment.
But you neither know or care, so just carry on.

Not to mention being reliant on our government either remaining on good terms, or having won a war with, some less-than -wholly-desirable countries / regimes for the old black gold.....

Bad luck, EV's are being banned. Somethings are just obvious. I believe I would be right to assert EVs are a trap for china. The trap would be sprung when a blanket ban comes into effect. China never did work out the viability of EV's. It hoped the west would take their tat. That ain't gonna be so.

Somethings are just obvious.
They certainly are, the main one being that you didn't watch even the first 30 seconds of that video.

Electric vehicles are NOT being banned. Neither are the batteries they use.

There are some new requirements regarding the sale and use of some types of lithium-ion battery, mainly those used in bicycles.

China never did work out the viability of EV's.
China is the world's largest for EV manufacturing, EV sales and EV charging facilities.

They certainly are, the main one being that you didn't watch even the first 30 seconds of that video.

Electric vehicles are NOT being banned. Neither are the batteries they use.

There are some new requirements regarding the sale and use of some types of lithium-ion battery, mainly those used in bicycles.

China is the world's largest for EV manufacturing, EV sales and EV charging facilities.

Yeah, but Nutjob is out there with his torch and his pitchfork, looking for a witch to burn... :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back