EVO HE16 Fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I've been running an Ideal Evo HE16 for nearly 6 years now with few issues.

This morning I found we had no hot water, so checked the Boiler and it's dead? By this I mean there's no LED display alight at all.

Having looked through the manual there's nothing to suggest what to do in this case as it only gives what to do if 'X' is flashing or 'Y' Flashing'.

I've checked the mains electricty supply to the hot water system (Boiler, programmer/Thermostat) and this is working. The programmer is working and the Hot water tank is heating when I turn it on via the electricty.

I also have a gas supply to my cooker, so I am getting gas.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Rob.

Sponsored Links
Possibly the internal quick blow fuse on the pcb has blown. If that's the case it may be due to a faulty component.

Sponsored Links
If you are capable of safely testing for mains with a test meter then you could first ensure that you are getting mains, live and neutral, at the input to the boiler!

If not just call an engineer!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back