excessive wall paper paste on expensive wall paper

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i have a huge problem i have put too much wall paper paste on my paper when hanging it, when it dried it has left marks over the surface which is a white colour and looks realy bad, can i remove this with any product available ? i thought a weak solution of white vinegar or fabric sofener mite
work as this ive been told can be used to remove wall papper adhiesive after the wall paper has been removed, but im not shore if i can used this method to remove paste without damaging my expensive wall paper??

also i have used solvite ready mixed paste if this makes a diference??

many thanks oly

Sponsored Links
The amount of paste that goes on the bcak of the paper does not matter in so much as it will always dry out, but if the passte table etc is not super clean then this will get on the face of the wallpaper. each length you hang shoulm be wiped with a damp cloth of clean warm water. If the paste has dried on the face i would only use a cloth on a light soapy solution and gently wipe the surface. You have to be carefull not to rub the face of the paper to hard though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back