expansion creaking noises in boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi please can someone tell me if it is normal for a new Baxi Solo HE condensing boiler to make sounds in operation that sound like pipes contracting - sort of expansion noises - they aren't regular, sometimes more than others and are not really very loud , Have had many problems so far with this boiler and I don't remember if this has been there since the installation. It just sounds like a small ball inside the boiler knocking every so often against the wall(hard to explain!) but I just want to know if this is normal or not. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Can anyone give me any advice on this please. It does seem to be a regular occurence now and I didn't notice it before - quite an irritating knocking creaking sort of a noise.

Are you sure it is not the 22mm pipes off the boiler rubbing on the plasterboard ceiling perhaps?

Sponsored Links
No, it is definately coming from within the boiler - now the boiler is off but has recently been on. I can hear it creak every now and again - could this just be it heating up and cooling down and if so, woud you expect to be able to hear this noise? Like the casing creaking?
Wasn't power flushed at installation and I am wondering if this is causing it to make noises if there is dirt been stirred up in the system? Just a long shot.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back