exterior stone pointing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I av some cracking on the exterior walls due to settlement so i was going to do the pointing myself but i needed to match the motar up, its marshall lite stone or so ive bin told and its a yellowy/gold colour, i just needed to know, do i need to get a dye for that colour or wud there be a yellow sand for it. Thanks for any input.:cool:

Sponsored Links
Building sand used to make up a mortar mix is usually a fairly local product. So check out the sand at your local builders merchant. Cement is usually grey, but you can get white OPC. Using a lime based mortar such as a 1.1.6 mix (cement. lime. sand) will give a lighter mix than a plain cement sand mix. None will so far as I am aware, give you any sort of yellow, just a light buff colour. I think you will need to use a dye.

Check out the Marshalls Website http://www.marshalls.co.uk/select/walling/ and the product range. It will also give you a clue on coloured mortars and how they work with different shades of walling.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back