External flush wall lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey,

I've been thinking about changing my 5 outside lights to flush ones (in place of a brick).

Only thing is, none of them seem to be brick colour, which is daft to me! I would prefer angled down ones if possible as mine are above head height.

Also, my current lights have ES bulbs, which are (quite expensive dimmable) LED ones so I'd like to re-use them if possible. Can you get flush brick lights that allow you to use these bulbs?

I've googled, but haven't yet come up with the 'right' search term!

Oh, what minimum IP rating should I be looking at? Current ones are 44 I think. Yep, 44: http://www.lights2go.co.uk/wall-lig...icHElSwgNiaV-pUAjPsI5lj8GO32x19-VEhoCkgLw_wcB

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Your existing lights are surface mounted. Brick lights will be inset to teh brickwork and may require a higher water resistance rating.

Just look for brick lights that take ES 230v lamps. But do measure the size of your lamp to make sure they will fit your brick light. I have been caught by this in the past and had to get another set of "compact" lamps as a result.

Sponsored Links
Ha ha. I did think that. But they all say it!!! Could it be due to the fact that the cut out required is smaller than a UK brick, which could introduce draft into the house?

Maybe I can only find IP4x ones because I'm looking specifically at 'sloping' ones? The flat ones are plentiful in IP5/6x but they'll be no good for above head height lighting because I need them to point downwards.

In my experience I would not touch brick lights with a bargepole. The damp and minerals in the brick attack the casing and they rot within 5 years.

Does nobody make them in ABS?

You can get stainless steel ones, but people would have to reset their budget expectations away from the eBay tat made from Mazak.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back