extractor and shaver socket in bathroom.

hi Coljack and Rv lighting I think we are both arguing the same poin at diferent sides. I suggest testing all metalic parts from main earth terminal and esuring there all under 0.05 which proves there all connected as there all linked to main earth terminal. If it a reading of 0.05 you will get a high fault current and low touch voltage and as they are all linked then they will all be at the same potential as well. Also with the high fault current you will get the correct disconection time. The 0.05 was a figure specified by the electrical safety council when i changed a D.B for them

Sponsored Links
Hi Col as for the same earthing weekend i agree it is odd i see your following the great tt earthing size debate as well

there's no need to check back to the MET though, just between the metalwork in the bathroom..
the Zs reading at the circuits contained within is what you need to check that the OCPD's will work in time..

The Zs has to be proven anyway but i would use the long lead to the MET just to prove the continuity of the bonding of the pipewore as the Zs will only garentee the continuity of the CPC

Sponsored Links
yes, but once Zs has been proven, then measuring the bonging in the bathroom will prove it's all connected to each other and all the circuits..

or are you on about when you don't sup-bond bathrooms now because of RCD's?

well its all rcds in"special locations" now anyway but i would for my own peice of mind do both the Zs and long lead test to exposed parts anyway it may take another 20mins but covers your back

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back