Extractor fan ducting condensation

I talked to the fitter and he agreed to come back to fix the fan. He agreed that it needs to exit from the roof, the problem is that he was not very re-assuring about his plan.

He supported that he uses the chimney in most installations without problem....why they always say that. It's as if someone advised people that when things go wrong, to say "I have never had this problem before"... :mad:

Anyway, he was not keen to go into details when I talked about a condensation trap. Sounded like he doesn't want to spend much time on the job, typical I guess.

One thing he asked was me to buy the inline fan which I shouldn't have to, but the upside is that I can buy something decent rather than leave it to him. I want to keep my involvement minimal and let him figure it out, although I desperately feel we should iron out the details before the job.

On the fan side, I was looking at the manrose above, only question is would this be an overkill for a small bathroom?

http://www.gil-lec.co.uk/manrose-mf100t-4-inch-inline-fan-timer

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back