Failing "Plastic" rendered Pebble dash. Pls Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

We live in a 1930's bungalow which is part pebble dashed over which there is a sort of plastic based render. I have no idea as to what it is The render has cracked in various places, allowing water to penetrate, causing dampness inside the house.
Can this type of render be repaired or would the whole house need to be re rendered? Limited budget available so any suggestions would be really welcome and very, very much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
it would be a good idea to scrape all that loose stuff off and then send in some more pics, it would be best to see whats going on underneath all we can see so far is the top paint cracking and peeling off

Hi and thx for replying. What do you need to see from the underneath.....not quite with you there....pls expand.

it would be a good idea to scrape all that loose stuff off and then send in some more pics, it would be best to see whats going on underneath all we can see so far is the top paint cracking and peeling off

Hi and thx for replying. What do you need to see from the underneath.....not quite with you there....pls expand.
well you said the render is cracked in various places but all i can see is the paint flaking off or cracks in the paint , scrape the blown paint off to show whats underneeth so people can see if there are cracks in the render or whats causing it, at the moment the only render that is showing (about a couple of inches)looks sound, but there are some large cracks in the paint scrape that off and see if the render is cracked underneath

Sponsored Links
Sorry if i am causing confusion, but it's that which you are referring to as paint that i am thinking is some type of render....i.e. its a think plasticy substance, NOT paint and its thiswhich is concerning me. I hope I have explained a little better. My apologies.

well you said the render is cracked in various places but all i can see is the paint flaking off or cracks in the paint , scrape the blown paint off to show whats underneeth so people can see if there are cracks in the render or whats causing it, at the moment the only render that is showing (about a couple of inches)looks sound, but there are some large cracks in the paint scrape that off and see if the render is cracked underneath

Sorry if i am causing confusion, but it's that which you are referring to as paint that i am thinking is some type of render....i.e. its a think plasticy substance, NOT paint and its thiswhich is concerning me. I hope I have explained a little better. My apologies.
its not render it looks like its some sort of paint or topcoat if i was you i would scrape all the loose off and see what you are left with if the underneath is sound you havent got much to worry about scrape it off and then post some updated pictures

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back