Fair Quote for Big Room

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We have a 12ft x 12ft dining room we need skimming - walls and ceiling. There's a 6ft x 9ft bay at the end that needs the ceiling overboarboarding and skimming also. At the same time, we require our fireplace to be rendered internally (3.5ft x 3.5ft).

Does £500 sound a fair price? This quote is from a plasterer we have used previously and has always been reliable and does a good job, but I'm conscious of being complacent and just would like re-assuring this is a fair price....

THanks.

Sponsored Links
it's more than usual, but you are having more work done than usual. Round here they seem to charge £300 to skim a ceiling when you want the artex covered up.

it's more than usual, but you are having more work done than usual. Round here they seem to charge £300 to skim a ceiling when you want the artex covered up.

Thanks for the reply...

Well given that I'm having all the walls skimmed and the overboarding done plus the fireplace, it seems my quote is more than fair...

Sponsored Links
Average size room but it’s not just a re-skim; if he's any good the price you’ve been quoted is very fair. For the work involved, I would have quoted you more than that!

We`ll travel to Hants from Sussex for £300 a ceiling - going over artex ;) I`m talking normal size room too , not a friggin ballroom . . I`ll knock up while ma boy runs around on his stilts

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back