Faral Longo Radiator Leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, we have a Faral Longo tall radiator in the kitchen which I noticed last night had a puddle of water underneath it. I initially thought it was just going to be the valve connections leaking having turned the heating on recently but it's not. The leak is actually coming from the bottom of the radiator body about a third of the way along.
The construction of the radiator looks as though it is made of modular sections connected together to make up different sizes, so in this radiators case it appears to be the first three vertical bars are one section, the second three bars are the next section and the last two vertical bars make up the last section. The leak appears to be coming from the join between two of the sections as seen in the attached picture.

Are these sections pulled together by the fittings at each end with a gasket between the sections to seal them and can therefore be tightened up or is the manufacture of these more complicated than that.

Basically what I'm asking is whether I need to replace the radiator or is the current one fixable. The radiator itself is around 9 years old.

Thanks for any advice
IMG_20231121_072543 Scaled.jpg
IMG_20231121_072737 Scaled.jpg

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back