Favourite Radio Station?

6Music every time. The most eclectic, and best selection. Also, the DJs clearly have a passion for the music, unlike just about any other station I've heard.

From the most obscure, to some very well known, from punk to classical, they have it all.

I will have to try that. I also like most music from punk to classical (apart from jazz of course - particularly modern jazz which sounds like a musical anagram) :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Tune in to "Triple J" - Aussie radio station that you can stream. Got into listening to this during my Honeymoon road trip. A whole station/continent of new music to listen to saves listening to Radio 1 playlist over and over and over and over...

http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/#

Nozzle

Sponsored Links
I do like Radio 2 but seem to find their type of music as very stereotypical, i.e you can always tell a Radio 2 song.

Their playlist does get annoying after a time though, but I do like the presenters and no adverts.

Laser 558. Nuff Said.

DH
(hours of it on my iPhone for long journeys....)

Is that still going? I remember when it first started up and they had a continuous loop of music for months.

Regrettably it closed after 20 or so months in nov 86:(
Due to a combination of poor management, the seige by the goverment of Laser&Caroline strangling fuel/food/water/staff movements( tory government then as well, funny how they claim freedom as a motto!), bad weather, and allegdely sabotage, unproved.... Returned as Laser Hot hits in spring 87. Lasted 6 months only.
Stacks of youtube clips shot on board, the jocks were certainly different to BbcR1 etc of the day. Sad day when it closed as it had a minimum of 8m listeners across the UK and Northern Europe. Free Radio at its best.

After another 14 years of tramping around the coast to Holland. Portugal and the Orkneys, the MV COMMUNICATOR has been cut up for scrap

Darn it , i have my anorak on now ;)

Dh

Back