FCU for oven.

G-B

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am remodelling my kitchen and now realize (after reading this site) that I must provide my oven with it's own supply from an FCU separate from the suply for the hob. (The hob has its own 6mm radial supply)
Fortunately I am easily able to fit the FCU (alongside the cooker switch) on the ring or from a spur. (Should I use a spur as there willl be less cable in the mounting box?)
The main question is how do I connect up the oven to the supply from the FCU? I shall be concealing the cable from the FCU but is it OK to have the cable just coming out of the wall behind the oven and connected up with a Junction box or should it go to another cooker outlet as for the hob?
I have a similar question rergarding the cooker hood. I shall be fixing the FCU just down from the ceiling alongside the cooker hood and concealing the cable from the FCU to the cooker hood. Again, do I just bring the cable out from the wall behind the cooker hood about where the connections will be or is there something else I shoud do?
Am I right to assume that it is OK to take the cooker hood supply from the lighting circuit.
Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
G-B said:
The main question is how do I connect up the oven to the supply from the FCU? I shall be concealing the cable from the FCU but is it OK to have the cable just coming out of the wall behind the oven and connected up with a Junction box or should it go to another cooker outlet as for the hob?
I have a similar question rergarding the cooker hood. I shall be fixing the FCU just down from the ceiling alongside the cooker hood and concealing the cable from the FCU to the cooker hood.
Am I right to assume that it is OK to take the cooker hood supply from the lighting circuit.
Thanks for your help.

think you need to employ an electrician as 1. you don't have the required knowledge 2. electrical work in a kitchen is NOTIFIABLE under part p.
3. when you try to move you will probably be asked for completion certificates for the work

I agree when you say I don't have the required knowledge but isn't that what this site is all about, gaining knowledge. I am extremely competent and a perfectionist and I fully ensure that I have all the facts before undertaking any work which is why I'm here. I have rewired my whole house and this is the last job, my main query really relates to the logistics of how to do the job rather than the theory itself. As I fully intend to do the work myself isn't it better to do it armed with the facts than having a shot in the dark?
I live in the Isle of Man and our building regs are different to the UK.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back