FCU for the Washing Machine & for the Dishwasher

JohnD said:
:!: I was thinking of the 2.5mm ring :LOL:

But surely the spacing is to allow you to draw in cores easily in conduit? Does it apply to mini-t with a clip on lid?

Anyway, maybe I was thinking of 25mm x 16mm ;)

AFAICT, it applies to all: Mini, Maxi T, conduit etc...

Sponsored Links
JohnD said:
You will probably want to renovate the kitchen later and could incorporate a kitchen ring, chasing in all the cables and sockets horizontally at that time.

There is one Ring in the Kitchen already, on the side where the cooker is, with three double sockets.

I am going to make the radial near the sink into a ring, with two 20A DP Switches, to power two single sockets under the worktop, for the Washing Machine and the Dishwasher. The Ring near the Cooker I will replace, and rewire, when I redo the Kitchen (As the Sockets will need moving to different postistions, and the current wiring is not safe, so I have turned it off for now.) This will give two RCD Protected rings in the kitchen. (As I am going to move the ring near the sink on to the newer ccu, which is RCD Protected, and this will also mean that newer ccu is just for the Kitchen and Shed.)

(Newer ccu: Cooker (32amp MCB?), Kitchen Ring 1 (Near Sink)(32amp MCB), Kitchen Ring 2 (Cooker side of Kitchen)(32amp MCB), Shed (32amp MCB))

This will mean that acording to the IEE ON-SITE GUIDE to BS 7671:2001(2004), Appx 8 Table 8B which tells you the recommended number of socket outlets for each type of room.

The Kitchen will have about the right no of sockets (5 Doubles above worktop, and 2 Singles below worktop for built in appliances.)

So would this be ok :?:
[/quote]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back