FCU

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
Our boiler connects to a FCU which has a 3A fuse in it as per the manual.
It needs replacing for no reason other than its old and the plastic has yellowed making it unsightly.
I was in B&Q and Wicks at the weekend but they only sell FCU's which on the label say 13A FCU. The screwfix catalogue again had no 3A FCU.
Just to check....should I simply buy a 13A FCU and then put a 3A fuse in it? I presume 13A doesn't refer to the fuse in the FCU but to the switch capacity.
Thanks
chris

-my house would fall apart if it wasn't for the help of you people-

Sponsored Links
yes, thats fine, just change the 13amp fuse to a 3amp fuse but make sure you turn the power off first to prevent electric shock!

Yes. 13 amp FCUs come with 13 amp fuses. Buy a 3 amp fuse, or use the fuse from the old one.

Buy a good brand like MK or Crabtree.

no personal insult ment to you, but if you don't know the answer to this then you really shouldn't be messing with electrics in the first place..

yes all fused spurs are rated at 13A.. the largest fuse size you can put in it.. just like all plugs are rated at 13 amps.. it's the fuse size that makes it a 5 or 3 amp spur or plug..

Sponsored Links
Hi,
No offence taken
Have you ever been in the situation where, really, you know the answer, but then total self doubt sets in and you just cant logically make the ends tie up. Thats kind of the situation, Im tired and things didnt match up completely and I just got myself in a muddle. Thank you for your concern though, it is appreciated, however I'm not about to go messing around killing myself, I just wanted someone who wasn't me to reassure me.
Thanks
C

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back