Fence Panels

cdh

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just bought some new pressure treated closeboard fence panels. I mentioned to the supplier that the panels I put up last year on the other side had warped and opened up, they have told me that I should have waited for a few months for the wood to have dried out before staining.

Looked on the web and can't seem to get a straight answer as to whether you can stain them straight away or have to wait.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
I think you might as well stain them right away (I like to do mine before fixing).

Any bit of wood you put outside in the sun and rain is going to warp whatever you do to it.

if theyre pressure treated theres not much point in putting preservative on them at this stage. theyre pressure treated with preservative, and anything you put on wont be anywhere near as good. Youd be better off saving your effort for next year. If you really want to do it then do it now it makes no difference. Fence panels will expand and contract in the heat and the wet. the people that supplied them to you and told you that are talking out of the rear of their bottoms

Thermo said:
the people that supplied them to you and told you that are talking out of the rear of their bottoms

As opposed to their front bottoms?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back