Fernox restorer

NPD

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Ya
New to the site, but must say very impressed :)
My question is my Dad has a couple of rads not heating up in the house so I suggested using a restorer (Fernox) to remove any sludge that might be blocking these particular rads as all others in the house work. The problem is the instructions say to drain & flush the system after a week & I was wondering if I could get away with just draining the system as I do not have a powerflush machine.
Any thoughts?

Sponsored Links
If they don't work at all, ie no water going through, then chemicals won't get through either.
If it's just 2 rads, try shutting all the rest to see if things move, or take them off and get jiggy with them and a hosepipe in the garden. THEN put the mooti in, leave for a week and drain completely and refill a couple of times - or see the sticky section.

You don't need to powerflush. After adding the Superfloc, leave it a week, and during that week make sure that each rad gets thoroughly hot at least once.

Then, when draining, do it like I suggested on the following topic:

radiators

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back