FERROLI MODENA 102

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i have been to a ferroli modena 102 today the probem being when running the hot water after around 5 mins the burner shuts down and water runs cold i have changed the water control valve but still the same problem......
please help?????????

Sponsored Links
micktheframer said:
Have you tried the DHW thermistor?
Hi there i have one on order should be here tomorrow...you any good on worcester 28i jnr?????

Did you swap the thermisters over to see if there was a diffference?, they are notoriously troublesome.

Sponsored Links
ollski said:
Did you swap the thermisters over to see if there was a diffference?, they are notoriously troublesome.
I have not got a new thermister as yet

lee1976 said:
ollski said:
I have not got a new thermister as yet

No swap the wires over for a check / confirmation.

You might find this useful.
After several years, I finally bottomed the problem on my Modena 80, which kept shutting down when running DHW.
The overheat stat on the upper left hand side of the heat exchanger was operating at around 50 deg, instead of 100. It's actually a mechanical device operated by a bi-metal pad - The excess force of the spring clip used to mount it pushed in the face plate in slightly, causing it to switch off at a much lower temperature than it should.
A new stat, and modified clip has the boiler running much better than it ever did.
Careful when renewing this - It operates at 240v.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back