Ferroli UV cylinder passing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a Ferroli 200l unvented cylinder, the temperature/pressure valve is passing hot water out through the tundish. This only happens when the boiler is on. I have tried turning the valve into a new position, but this doesn't help.

The expansion vessel doesn't appear to have any gas in it. When you press the "tyre" valve there is no hiss.

Do I need a new expansion vessel? How much do they cost?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
It sounds like a problem with the pressure relief valve rather than the TPRV, but that's a minor point...

Your expansion vessel is the problem, however if you don't get wet pressing the tyre valve and you're sure you've pressed it fully then your expansion vessel simply needs re-pressurising. This can be done with a standard bicycle pump, check the instruction manual for the correct charge pressure.

I'm guessing that I will need to isolate the incoming supply, release the pressure in the cylinder and then pump up? Vessel says something like "initial pressure 3bar"...?

Sponsored Links
You don't need to isolate the supply, just pump it up to the required pressure, which sounds like it's 3 bar, however check the manual to be sure

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back