Fiat punto wipers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please help, just bought a 1.2 2000 punto when i turn the wipers on they judder like mad and almost stop and i am not sure if its the motor or the wiper MECHANISM. I PULLED THE WIPERS AWAY FROM THE SCREEN AND TURN THEM ON SO I KNOW ITS NOT THE BLADES THEY RAN O.K BUT STILL MADE A GRATING NOISE

Sponsored Links
I think you should first check that the motor is not submerged in water due to blocked drains. I have come across this on Punto's several times,the water channels from under the windscreen block up with leaves etc. you can hook them out from the bulkhead in the engine compartment.If the motor is submerged in water,you will need to replace it,a clean up is not usually effective enough.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

the drains blocked up in my punto, i had to rod them out when i first got it :evil: i think the wiper mechanism is visible when you open the bonnet - check for loose bolts and rubbing against the bodywork etc

Sponsored Links
jonnyfishing said:
No reason really"crafty",I'll change it if you want...How about..

;)
thats better - you look slightly less startled there! ;)

Sounds crazy, but Punto wiper judder is caused by too much grease on the wiper relay contacts. There was a recall for a dealer fix but it tends to come back.

Sponsored Links
Back