fibreglass wall paper

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Was in the big orange shed the other day and saw rolls of fibreglass wall paper, suppose to be used to cover up cracks on bare walls as its textured. An alternative to skimming or using backing paper. Any how the rolls are very wide and apparently you coat the wall with paste not the paper.
Has anyone use it? is it any good?

Sponsored Links
I used the wallrock v easy. But was dissapointed when I painted with emulsion and the paper furred up, similar to raised grain when usin waterbased on bare wood. Left an unatractive texture which was a ****e to sand. But it did cover over some cracks which dont don't show 2 yrs later. Not used the b&q stuff but think its same makeup??

went back to 1200 :D with ready mixed paste (lightweight)

Sponsored Links
I used fibreglass wool paper on one room - I liked the price and the texture. BIG mistake. Firstly you need gloves to handle the stuff as bits of glass get into the skin. Worse however - the paper needs 2-3 times the paint that would be necessary if applied on paper. This last result alone makes it a very expensive proposition.

If you have already applied the paper, I would recommend diluting the first 1-2 coats so that the paint has an easier time soaking into the paper. This will also help in obtaining an even finish.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back