Filling Loop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Done a search and cant really find exactly what im looking for.

Currently were in the process of major decorating, and last year had a Ariston Micro Genus HE 28 MFFi combi installed and a central heating system.

When the corgi man installed the CH he couldnt get the pipes for the rads in the dining and living room to run down the corner of the wall due to a water pipe running round the ceiling and joists above. But i have now moved the water pipe so the pipes can be run were I want them, which I already have done just need connecting.

I need to know if my understanding of how to drain and fill the system is correct as ive never done this on a combi before.

Drain:

Connect hose pipe to the drain valves on the rads downstairs
Turn boiler off
open drain valves

Do work

Fill:

1. Close all radiator valves and bleed valves
2. Take bottom cover off combi to gain access to pump
3. Unscrew Cap on the auto air release valve one turn
4. Gradually open the filling loop valves but not to much
5. Open each rad valve in turn starting from lowest point working up and open bleed valve until water runs clear.
6. Purge air from pump, loosen pump plug, and rotate pump shaft to ensure pump is free.
7. FIll system to around 1.5 bar
8. Check for any leaks :confused:

How does the air get released thats in the return pipe? does this get vented through the auto air release valve, is there anything else I need to do?

Thanks in advance,

Gareth

Sponsored Links
You got it, at'll all fill OK because of the pressure. The auto air vent cap should always be loose, unless you're trying to trap water in the system.

Thanks will be attacking it the weekend, at least now I have the confidence to do the job.

Gareth

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back