Filling Loop

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
I tried to bleed a radiator but only water came out. Now my boiler (Viessmann Vitodens 100) has an error message which means it needs to be re-pressurized. Problem is I cannot find the filling loop. I think I found something that might be it in the hot water cylinder press but I cannot figure out how to activate it. I am sure this will be an easy fix once I know find the right valve. some photos attached. Thanks for any help.
PXL_20231103_140634962.jpg
PXL_20231104_114858886.jpg
PXL_20231104_120758420.jpg
PXL_20231105_182013440.jpg

Sponsored Links
None of those look to be the filling loop. The filling loop isn’t always near to the boiler. Look for a braided hose with a tap at either end. My boiler is in the loft and my filling loop is in my downstairs airing cupboard. My mother’s filling loop is under her sink. Both our filling loops have a pressure gauge fitted next to them. Do you have a pressure gauge anywhere other than the one in the picture?

Last edited:
Thanks for replying Mottie. My plumber eventually got back to me and called over. Had it sorted in 3 minutes. The pressure gauge in the first picture from my hot-press was the offending party. He tightened a bolt on that to increase the flow and the pressure was back.

Attachments

• Gauge.JPG
    Gauge.JPG
    26.4 KB · Views: 31

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back