Filling the system

If this is set up correctly then forget about the boiler being undersized :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Yes - its a 35 kW boiler so I shouldn't be having problems It's running 18 double convectors rads but should be able to cope.

I just closed down 16 rads and lets see if it can push hot water to the two that are cold.

Nothing happening, still air trapped.

Both rads are downstairs and are fed with 10mm coming off 22mm on the landing.

Both rads are full of water and there's no air trapped within the rads.

Can't understand whats causing the problem.

can you back fill system through drain off that you should have on each rad?

I had one system where it was a similar problem and apparently there was a bit of muck/sludge blocking 10mm pipe and constant pressure of flow held it in place. Back filling removed obstacle.

Bit drastic but possibly worth a shot :rolleyes:

Another basic thought, you have connected to flow and return and not both on same pipe? Don't want to insult your intelligence but trying to find a simple cause ;)

Sponsored Links
Dave,

Latest news - I might be getting somewhere, the full force of the boiler is now pushing at the two rads and I may be getting slight warmth in the feed pipes.

The heat is not spreading across the rads yet, but at least this is an improvement.

I will leave things the way they are for now and see if it will sort it's self out.

It's been a long weekend trying to sort this. :p

Try it with only 1 rad on and keep switching pump on and off repeatedly. Also try pressurising system to its max, about 3 bar ;)

Dave,

There's definite movement now, having taken your advice to run 1 rad only.

I can actual hear the water coming down from the 22mm above.

But the main thing is that the water is moving. :D :D :D

Feels almost as good as a lotto win !!!!

Well perhaps £10

Dave,

Job sorted - all rads working fine.

Have to go now, need to turn the heating down, getting a bit too hot around here.

Again, many thanks for your help.

:cool: :cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back