Finding screws equivalent to No:3 3/8th

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have some imperial screws and need to buy trade for approx. 400 more.

Thses screws were given to me and fit the small (6 screws each) small hinges also purchased recently. The hinges are also very old stainless steel.

I cannot find any suitable countersunk wood screws anywhere - preferably in silver finish although anything to fit would do. The screws given to me are brass countersunk with the 'head' being 0.5mm and they fit perfectly.

On the hinge boxes it states that I need No: 3 3/4" screws although this would be the imperial number - none of the conversion tables go down to No: 3 imperial sizes.

Any ideas, anybody, your help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Thanks, I hoped you would help.

These sizes are not readily available, have been searching for some time, ironmongers online and local do not go that small, only, possibly, in packs of about 12 and that is no good to me.

Thank you so much for the website, I will order tomorrow.

Sponsored Links
Hello

Screws online are out of stock and will not be re-stocking this size.

Has anybody got any other idease where I can get them?

Thanks

Jenny

Thanks for your help, John, although thesitebox doesn't go small enough. They do No: 3 metric but the heads are too wide.

Any other ideas?

Hello Jenny
You could try spending your life on google, but if there is a model shop near you they may be able to provide what you need, or at least give you a name of a supplier.
Bear in mind, the countersink on the hinge is easy enough to enlarge, using a HSS countersink bit in a drill if the screw head is too large.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back