Finest saw cut

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Anybody out there give me opinions on the finest saw cut? I am building a built in wardrobe with conti board and don't want it to be ragged. What is the finest a circular, jig or hand saw?

Sponsored Links
Plunge cutting circ saw such as festool will give the least chipping but at a price.

Failing that a circ saw with a blade designed for laminate (high top bevel) will give a clean cut on the underside and a small amount of fine chips on the other which can usually be hidden from view.

If you cant get a decent finish with a saw then cut a few mm oversize and use a router to trim the edge.

Jason

Yep, agree with Jason on the router route. It's not impossible but I'd be surprised if you can get ANY saw blade not to leave SOME chipping on conti board. Cutting down first then using the router along a guide should produce a chip free finish to both sides of the board. Obviously have a bit experiment on a spare piece of board first.

score the conti first with a knife,then cut with a saw a few mm over the cut then using a hand plane gently plane off the excess,long winded but unless youve got the kit that has been suggested then probably the best way,
unless youve got long arms and short pockets and want to treat yourself then get the kit.
oh and while your there could i have a paslode plz.......as its nearly christmas :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I use a FESTOOL TS55 & Guide rail on 2800 x 2070 melamine boards and it's near on perfect. The colour of the board is black... the worst colour !!

I'm getting some white melamine board this week, I would expect it to be perfect too... I've got an edgebander too, so, I should get shop finishes on my work... But it costs !!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back