Finishing off a lean to roof?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What options are there for finishing off at the top of a lean to roof. I've seen some bulky ridge tiles but the angle wouldn't suit the back wall and pitch of the roof. What about cutting lead in the rear of the wall then folding it up and over similar to when a porch is added to the front of a house or any other ideas? I've included a rough sketch to try to show what I mean, it's to prevent rain from the rear and cover the nails of the last row of slate.

Sponsored Links
Mono pitch roof! Tile manufacturers provide mono ridges down to the minimum pitch their tiles are designed for.

If it is slates etc you can use zinc, aluminum or lead capping.

When you say capping, Do you mean off a roll like flashing or actual made pieces to fit over the slate ridge so I can search for them. Not sure on my roof angle but if I measure 2.5m across and 750mm up that's the rise.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back