fire fronts for back boilers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
im currently looking for a new fire front for the back boiler we have but im a bit stuck.

the fire front is a glow worm coordinate g and the back boiler is a glow worm model 45.

can somebody tell me any companies in the uk that sell new and up to date fire fronts - especially in the north west.

Sponsored Links
You might be lucky but...

Back boilers are a thing of the past. the King of BBUs was Baxi who produced a basic BBU with many different firefronts.

Few new fires are available now as most of the BBUs are 10-30 years old.

So dont be surprised if you dont find one!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Check with glow worm but I am sure that your fire front is no longer replaceable.

It's a common dilemma. An out of date fire front yet the back boiler is virtually bulletproof and will probably be good for another 10 years or so so long as its serviced regularly. Most of the parts that go wrong on the boiler are relatively cheap and still readily available. Less parts are available for the fire front but sometimes you might see one on ebay
Invest in a carbon monoxide detector and keep it going as long as you can is often my advice.
Newer alternatives ie. a new boiler or combi and gas fire are expensive They have more parts in them to go wrong which means that they are less reliable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back