firebird combi.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Iam still having problims with this boiler, when the boiler is on H/w only it back feeds the rads. I am not a plumber :!: I don't think Dan is either.

Sponsored Links
Hi, Iam still having problims with this boiler, when the boiler is on H/w only it back feeds the rads. I am not a plumber :!: I don't think Dan is either.

Dan could be a plumber, you failed to provide any details in the previous thread other than the fault, which would usually point towards the diverter valve. Therefor i would agree with the reply you were given.

I am personally unfamiliar with the Firebird boiler so cannot be certain...

The boiler will have some form of valve which will reverse the circulation back through the boiler on the primary circuit to produce the heat for it to transfer onto the hot water side. The hot water from a combi is just your cold mains water going through a heat exchanger, this heatexchanger gets its heat from the burner. If it has a bithermal heat exchanger then it could be a blockage on the H/ex causing no heat transfer and loss of heat into your heating circuit.

Its strongly reccomended that you get a local engineer/plumber in to diagnose the fault accurately rather than asking online and then shooting people down that are trying to help you.

Hope this helps

NB

Thanks for that NB, and I apologize to all, for my narkieness. Its just that I'm so frustrated with this boiler,I did call a plumber in that was recommended by Firebird and he couldn't sort it out. I'm thinking of changing back to a conventional system. I certainly wont have another Firebird combi. Thanks again. henry.

Thanks for that NB, and I apologize to all, for my narkieness. Its just that I'm so frustrated with this boiler,I did call a plumber in that was recommended by Firebird and he couldn't sort it out. I'm thinking of changing back to a conventional system. I certainly wont have another Firebird combi. Thanks again. henry.

You're more than welcome, i can understand your frustration. :)

It could be something very simple, its just getting someone thats capable of fixing the problem.

Good Luck in getting it sorted!

NB

Sponsored Links
Dan is a very competent engineer but he does not work on oil boilers and gave the obvious reply that would have applied to 96% of combi boilers which have diverter valves.

Nan, you are obviously very competent and explain things clearly. ( Just as I do too ).

You should join the restricted CC part of this site where you will be able to give some useful advice and join in discussions on design and reliability topics.

Tony

Dan is a very competent engineer but he does not work on oil boilers and gave the obvious reply that would have applied to 96% of combi boilers which have diverter valves.

Nan, you are obviously very competent and explain things clearly. ( Just as I do too ).

You should join the restricted CC part of this site where you will be able to give some useful advice and join in discussions on design and reliability topics.

Tony

Hi Tony,

Thanks for your compliments.

I like to try and pass on what little knowledge i have to help others. I have noticed many of your posts and you also have a good way of going about advice giving :)

Where is this CC section of the forum and how do i join it?

Thanks

NB

(just so everone knows... Naanbread is just a personal joke name :))

Indeed. If the OP had bothered to mention the make of boiler I wouldn't have bothered replying as I don't work on oil.

Had the OP been polite and more informative I might looked up the manual and applied a bit of logic.

As it happens I can now not be bothered. Where's my sarny?

I did wonder about your choice of name!

Look at the list of topics and see the gas related one.

You need to send your real name and your G-S number as well as your Licence number from your card.

It can take a few days to be acted on!

There is a special section devoted to Tupperware too!

How is your knowledge of electronics? People with skills at hacking manufacturer's boiler and control software are particularly in demand there!

Tony

I did wonder about your choice of name!

Look at the list of topics and see the gas related one.

You need to send your real name and your G-S number as well as your Licence number from your card.

It can take a few days to be acted on!

There is a special section devoted to Tupperware too!

How is your knowledge of electronics? People with skills at hacking manufacturer's boiler and control software are particularly in demand there!

Tony

I will look into that :) If i can send you a private message i will enlighten you a bit more about me (looks worse than it is! :LOL: )

On certain appliances i can provide a very large amount of electrical information in terms of operation and software.

Thanks NB

OK Piers.

Send me an email.

Address is in my profile.

I don't seem able to send you a private message and don't encourage them when email is all the rage!

Tony

OK Piers.

Send me an email.

Address is in my profile.

I don't seem able to send you a private message and don't encourage them when email is all the rage!

Tony

If you add me as a friend it should allow a Private Message function to appear... unfortunately cant get to my email at the moment

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back