First fixing for rads. using copper

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey if first fixing a new build house in copper. Whats the best way to first fix for the rads, in 15mm copper pipe and coming up through the floor to the rads? I've usualy done it in plastic bringing 15mm copper up through the floor, the plastic pipe work giving a bit of play if the dot and dab is abit larger then normal the pipes will still line up. Copper won't allow for this.

Sponsored Links
if I bring them up through the floor and there abit out there'll be no play in them like you get with plastic incase are abit out due to dot and dab plaster depth. Are you saying get the pipes close and leave the board were the rad. will go up and bring them up when actually fit the radiator?

Yep, leave the tails under the boards. When the rads are hung, then use your 90 or bender to bring it up. It also means that the final plaster finish and/or the skirting/gloss can be in place before you finish it off.

Sponsored Links
Thanks, I presume you usualy have to leave a full board up?

Depends which way the boards go. Does mean the plasterer or carpenter doesn't mess my pipework up ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back