Fitting a combi boiler in place of a vented system.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i'm about to undertake a heating and domestic hw re-think in my two bed flat. The current setup is rubbish and i'm looking for a good, budget combi boiler as i have a good strong water supply.
So i'm going to ditch the loft tanks and demolish the tank cupboard fit a new kitchen etc.

The floors are concrete in the flat and the central heating flow and return pipes are laying on top of the insulation in the loft !!
None of it even clipped down or insulated. Some trv's not working and the immersion element sent a shower of sparks over me a few months back and has been permanently switched off. So it needs doing right.

Firstly, any help with a value for money (not necessarily the cheapest) combi brand and a place to buy it from (essex based)

Secondly, I intend to do nearly all the work myself (except the gas of course) Is there a limit to what I am allowed to do as a D.I.Y.er? How far can I go with the job.

third, If i re-do the crappy pipework in the loft hows it supposed to be done?, notched into the rafters?

Lastly, I've heard many people say I should hire a powerflush for the system when fitting a new boiler, can this be done by me? are there instructions on how to do it properly and the chemicals to use?

P.S. Is it worth fitting inline water treatment such as these ionic de-scalers and/or magnaclean.

Thanks in advance for your help everyone.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back