Fitting a shower - low water pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am hoping that somebody can give me some advice... Am thinking of moving into a mid terrace ground floor flat that has a combi boiler fitted but there is really low hot water pressure from bathroom and kitchen taps. Am I right in thinking that it would not be possible to increase this by using an electric pump? Does that mean I am doomed to have any hope of a nice hot shower? Is the only option to replce the boiler?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Are you sure you have low pressure.
Or a low flow rate.

If as I suspect you have a low flow rate then a mixer shower can still work.

I say this because a combi heats up your cold mains as its used so in theory it should be the same pressure as your cold.

Stick your finger under the tap and try to hold back the water.
Then get a litre pot and tell us how many litres a minute you get from the hot and then the cold.

You are correct that it would not be possible to use a pump to increase the pressure of a combi boiler hot supply.

As to possible solutions, other than a stored hot water supply I can't think of any that would give you a proper shot-blasting every morning.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back