Fitting a TV bracket to a stone wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a tv I want to fit on a stone wall in a cottage.

I want to put this up without any hassle but unsure how to do it . The advice I have been given is to fit a piece of wood on the wall and then fit the bracket to that .Really dont know if that is good advice.
Has anyone ever fitted a tv bracket to a stone wall? this is a 32 inch television if that helps .

Sponsored Links
If the wall is flat then just drill plug and fix, if it’s an uneven surface a small sheet timber fitted first will help .

Sponsored Links
I can almost guarantee that when you drill for this, some of the holes will miss the stone and be into the "whatever crud was used to stick them together".

So the piece of wood first is actually good advice, because you are not having to use defined holes in the bracket - you can actually drill small test holes first to see where the stones are then with some clever marking, transfer those onto the wood and screw that on first, then fit your bracket onto the wood.

My house was built in 1855 out of stone and what appears to be horse poop and coal dust for morter. (it may not be but thats how good it is for sticking screws into) :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back