Fitting Conservatory Roof Blinds

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has any one out there had the experience of buying roof blinds for an edwardian type conservatory to fit them self as I would like to do this job myself and would be pleased for any information on how to get hold of them.

Sponsored Links
ask the people who supply the blinds what fixing they need / come with

edwardian, does that mean they are all A) rectangles, or some B) triangles. If A) DIY is not hard but measuring them is critical. Avoid roller blinds, they never work for long. Pleated fabric better, they collect flies. Pinoleum (wood strips) nice but don't give full shade.
Most companies include free fitting and if B) is the case, triangles are hard to measure, make and fit. I worked for Sandersons who are probably the most expensive, (Pleated), Appeal (pinoleum) smart but not cheap, many many local co's might not make them.

Sponsored Links
Most companies include free fitting

At a price often much greater than supply only. In the case of hillarys, over four times the difference between ordering from their on-line DIY site (weblinds.com) or Hillarys direct (someone comes to your home to measure up, then they fit them) - so if it is truly "free fitting", their sales reps are on very good bonuses for a 10 minute measure-up !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back