Fitting Ladder Radiator in place of normal Radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok...

Ive had a bit of a search and cant seam to find exactly the answer im looking for, so....

I have just moved into a new build property and have decorated the bathroom, at the moment the bathroom has the normal type radiator in it with mini thermostat valve on.

I would like to replace this with a chrome ladder radiator.

The heating system is a meggaflow hot water tank with an icos boiler. The current radiator is piped with 2 flexi pipes coming out the wall. Is this something that I can do myself or should I get a plumber to come in and do the work.
I generally can take any job on myself but messing with the central heating system is not something I have done befor.

Does anyone have any recomendations or guidence ?

Sponsored Links
i asked my local heating/plumbing merchant about exactly the same at what you want to do.
he replied after drawing air through his teeth, son you will have a nice chrome towel rail but a cold bathroom as the biggest towel rail available is quater the heat output of your existing radiator you are removing.
so he sold me this lovley electric item,yes and it warms towels all year. http://www.cnmonline.co.uk/Dimplex-Filled-And-Ready-Electric-Towel-Rail-Chrome-pr-34523.html but not from these people.

very good advice.free.[/url]

Had one in a bathroom befor and it was fine.
The room is only about 3m square and that includes the space for the bath so it cant take much to warm it up

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back