Fitting New Mixer Tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I’m trying to replace an old mixer tap. The old mixer tap is connected via copper pipe into a flexi-pipe, whereas the new tap is a flexi-pipe.

Which connection would I need to attach the two?

Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_4871.jpeg
    IMG_4871.jpeg
    415.1 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_4874.jpeg
    IMG_4874.jpeg
    277.1 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_4872.jpeg
    IMG_4872.jpeg
    294.6 KB · Views: 41
Sponsored Links
20240115_094358.jpg

You need to extend the copper pipe going up (circled red) to a suitable length and connect the new tails.
Or connect the new tails to existing tails (circled green) using a bit of the copper pipes already there.
I would go for option 1.

Show us a picture in close up ,of the mating surface of the end of the chrome fitting where it needs to connect to supply pipes.
There are no nuts or olives in your pics or instructional diagram to indicate the above mentioned is a compression fitting.
Depending on what it is will determine the type of fitting you need to connect it to.

Sponsored Links
Yes ,that's the part. Can you remove the inner components ,filter etc, and show us another pic without them fitted. And separate pics of the removed components.

Thanks ,looks like a tapered inner edge that an olive and nut ( compression fitting) would connect the 15mm supply pipe to. Odd that they were not supplied with the tap tails.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back