fitting new mono block help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
little room under the kitchen sink,

i know i can use flexis - current mono block is 15mm - reduced down to 10mm and then goes in to a t's - most flexis are mini 300mm i dont want to cause a major kink in these as the length ive got to fo is only around 200mm any suggestions please?!

also do the flexis you get with taps etc are they 10mm or 15mm?!

and are they easy enough to fit on to a isolating valve - as mine currently dont have any valves?!

Sponsored Links
It's usually easiest to use a longer flexy and make an easy loop in it. You can also join them together, the tap connector end is the same thread as the compression fitting end. 500mm ones are usually easier.
Ones that come with taps are usually 15mm but you never know.
Depends what you've got , often you need a short length of 15mm copper. You can buy 1metre from good plumbers merchants.

would never have thought about putting the flexi tail in a loop??

are you sure that will be ok and not put strain on the pipe??? (flexi tail)

i read that the fleix tail can fit direct on to a issolating valve/ other end of a compression fitting. just olive and tighten up i guess?

thanks

Sponsored Links
a very nice site there charnwood.ilike it and bookmarked it for unusal situation,, but do have to add i have fitted thousands of the others and only had one leak

I must admit the 'Chinese crap' bit was OTT.
I've sold thousands of them with only a handful of problems.

We use Hydraquip 3 or 4 times per week for bespoke hoses.
Like I said, though, not cheap.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back