Fitting new taps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

my old mum needed some new taps fitting on her bath. She contacted Age Concern who put her onto a plumber and he charged her £150. About right ?

Sponsored Links
Did plumber supply taps ? Good quality and gold plated would be a bargain.

My experience with Age Concern is that none of the services they provide are cheap.

Sponsored Links
Bath taps can be a bit of a nightmare. Also, the plumber would need to recoup the money he pays Age Concern for recommending his services. This money would go towards A C's CEO a salary probably way over £100k.

Exactly. Age Concern bung their cut on top and my mum pays £16 an hour for a cleaner. Plus she seems to pay Age Concern £40 odd for the privilege. They got a pasting for recommending home insurance which cost double the average price. They're not concerned about the aged, only about making money out of the elderly

£150 = steep but depends on access, type of work ie pipe alteration, iso vales install and if the plumber supplied the tap.

Taps were extra. She reckons he was there 90 mins. So it sounds like yet another example of our fine and upstanding tradesmen in action.

Last edited:
Taps were extra. She reckons he was there 90 mins. So it sounds like yet another example of our fine and upstanding tradesmen in action.

And the chip reveals itself.

How much do you think an hour and a half plus travel is worth? Did anyone make any enquiries as to likely charges beforehand?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back